In this July 27, 2017 photo, fire damage is shown at the Marco Polo residential high-rise in Honolulu. The building, where three people died in a recent fire, did not update its fire alarm system to meet the latest safety standards. City records obtained by The Associated Press show no upgrades were made after an engineering firm recommended them after another fire four years ago. (AP Photo/ Cathy Bussewitz)
Name of product: Kidde NightHawk combination smoke/carbon monoxide (CO) alarms
The alarm can fail to continue to chirp when it reaches its seven year end of life if the batteries are replaced, leading consumers to believe it is still working. This poses a risk of consumers not being alerted to a fire or CO incident in their home.
See the following link for more information.
Batteries are often the cause of panel troubles and the headaches that go along with it. Seemingly at the most inconvenient time. Proper inspection and maintenance is the key to eliminating these headaches and the the costs associated with it.
We will be posting interesting news and information associated with the life safety industry.